1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone Won't Send SMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cscarpenter93, Aug 3, 2011.

1. cscarpenter93

cscarpenter93 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Hi all -

I'm obviously new to this forum, and I joined to ask this specific question.

A description of my problem: I sent out a mass-text to a few friends asking if they wanted to go to a movie. Only half of them were delivered. I know this because they responded, and the text message itself had a time at which the message was delivered. The other half did something interesting. The delivery time, which becomes static after delivery, acted almost like a clock, and would continue to change with the time. While the first of the messages were delivered at 6:52 PM, the second half now show the current time.

I can receive text messages, but I apparently cannot send them. Under my 3G network notification, it reads "D". I now know that that represents an available network, but not an actively used one.

Furthermore, I downloaded and was using an app called JuiceDefender, which turns off various functions of your phone when not in use to save battery life. Could this have corrupted something?

I have a 3G Samsung Galaxy, purchased about a year-and-a-half, two years ago. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to AF.com. I'll move this to the Samsung Galaxy forum, to have other owners chime in.