1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone won't start up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iangrysquirrel, Nov 7, 2010.

1. iangrysquirrel

iangrysquirrel New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    When I try to power up my Cliq XT, it turns on at first, but brings it to the Motorola loading symbol/Logo. It just stays there. I tried to first factory reset it and then upgrade it to 1.6. I tried to access the boot loader menu which works, but when I press volume down which is the Recovery mode all that comes up is "Volume down key pressed" or something of that sorts. Any help guys?

Advertisement

2. Android fan#1

Android fan#1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    New york city
    Just go to a tmobile store give the phone to the rep and she/he will tell u whats wrong.same thing happen to me and my xt and I had to get a new one.

3. onesicktexan

onesicktexan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Global Repair Solutions
    TX
    Just incase this happens to anyone else and you stuble upon this thread looking for an answer.

1) push power button + camera button to power on phone. Keep holding till menu comes up.

2) push volume down. It will take about 2-3 minutes than an yellow exclamation point will come up. (you'll know when it happens).

3) Once on that screen, tap the bottom right hand corner of the touch screen. A menu will appear and you can select restore to factory settings. Everything is touch at that point.

If you dont see the menu pop up just tap a few more times on the bottom right hand area of the screen. It took me a little bit to find the right spot. It will work I promise, I just searched for hours trying to find the answer. Good luck and feel free to PM me with any questions.