1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone won't switch to 3G when wifi internet is out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jerrycurl, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Jerrycurl

Jerrycurl Lurker

I have the internet at home hooked up to a wireless router. My phone has no problem switching between wifi and 3G as I come and go to and from the house. The problem is that Comcast sucks and my internet connection is constantly dropping throughout the day. The wifi signal is still good (the router isn't what's failing, it's the cable modem), but there's no internet connection. The phone stays connected to the wifi, but I have no internet access. Is there a way to make the phone recognize when the internet is not accessible and to switch to 3G (and then switch back to wifi when the cable modem resumes working)?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I don't think so. You can try downloading an app called Y5 which recognizes when you're near a WiFi network. I'm not sure if it's intuitive enough to realize when there's an actual connection or not. You're probably going to have to manually toggle WiFi off when you want to use 3G

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews