• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone won't turn off!!!

kensta812

Jul 28, 2010
I recently rooted with G.o.t and everything was fine until i tried turning my phone off. When i press power off it goes to the boot screen of 'android' and just turns back on.. help!! I have tried taking battery out and putting back in.
Also everytime it turns on it says no signal, emergency calls only then after a few seconds it has signal.. Is this normal? When I unplug usb mode it goes to the android screen too but i'm not sure if its rebooting cause it does it for about 5 seconds then goes to the unlock screen :3

Thanks in advance!

I recently rooted with G.o.t and everything was fine until i tried turning my phone off. When i press power off it goes to the boot screen of 'android' and just turns back on.. help!! I have tried taking battery out and putting back in.
Also everytime it turns on it says no signal, emergency calls only then after a few seconds it has signal.. Is this normal? When I unplug usb mode it goes to the android screen too but i'm not sure if its rebooting cause it does it for about 5 seconds then goes to the unlock screen :3

Thanks in advance!

It's a app thats causing that issue. You need to blank slate the phone with the original sbf and then re-root. You will lose all your settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones