1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support phone wont turn on - can i recover sms ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amymax18, May 2, 2011.

1. amymax18

amymax18 Lurker
    None

May 9, 2010
    hi basically ive been having trouble with my phone overheating for a while now and last night whilst on charge it did it again. It went into a boot cycle until i pulled the battery. I then left it for a few mins and then tried to turn it on, it now gets stuck on the htc screen. I know i will have to do a hard reset but i was wondering if there was any way i could retrieve my sms messages (some threads has 3000+ messages). Also i backed up using my sd card not long ago - when i do the reset what will be restored from the sd card and what willl i need to install again ?

many thanks

Advertisement

2. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

3000+ !! WOW thats amazing lol... Is your desire rooted? If so you maybe able to get them using adb or something.

I did find this link that would enable you to get them but i dont think you would be able to put them back unless you copied the mmssms.db file back to the system after you restored. It might work ;) BUT you will have to have root access and probably S-OFF to do it properly.

3. amymax18

amymax18 Lurker
    None

May 9, 2010
    thanks for the help but no it wasnt rooted :(. I tried a hard reset and basically nothing changed ....its still stuck at the htc screen so phoned them up and its off tomorrow hopefully should be back soon as im missing it already !

4. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

Probably best if you get a new one anyways with an overheating issue like that ;)

Tags: