1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone won't turn on or charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JohnSmith1818, Dec 25, 2011.

1. JohnSmith1818

JohnSmith1818 Lurker

I have my Inc rooted with MIUI. I went to sleep last night and plugged it into the charger. Screen and LED lit up fine. When I woke up this AM, I tried to check the time and the screen wouldn't turn on. There is also no LED light now when I plug it into a charger. I tried different outlets, tried plugging it into my computer, plugging it into car charger, pulling the battery, holding down power + Vol Down.... Nothing works or will turn the phone on.

What the hell happened? Is there anything I can do besides taking it to Verizon and pleading ignorance?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I'm wondering if your battery has gone bad (rather suddenly, apparently).
    Do you have access to a different battery that you can try?

JohnSmith1818 likes this.
  3. JohnSmith1818

JohnSmith1818 Lurker

I do not, but that sounds pretty plausible. I'll see if they have an extra battery at the Verizon store tomorrow.

4. JohnSmith1818

JohnSmith1818 Lurker

Ha... just pulled the battery again and wiped the contacts with my t-shirt. Put the back on and it booted up just fine. Awesome. Didn't even think about that.

5. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Glad you got it worked out!

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews