• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone won't turn on?

Order of things that happened:
Got 4th replacement phone
activated
swapped out CWM recovery (5.x.x.)
flashed cm7 b.08
flashed gapps, and OC kernal
booted into a clean install. I wanted my old apps back (dang angry birds!)
Restore nandroid, use for 1 week
Notice wonky battery calibration, and some rarely used apps acting wonky
boot into CWM, wipe cache, dalvik cache, and battery cache
now, my phone won't do anything besides sit at motorola logo. What can I do to fix my error, if it is indeed an error? I called VM to just get a new phone, but they don't have any in stock... so am I screwed for a week until I can get a new one?
Thanks
PS if there's already a forum about this, I didn't see it. Merry christmas

Order of things that happened:
Got 4th replacement phone
activated
swapped out CWM recovery (5.x.x.)
flashed cm7 b.08
flashed gapps, and OC kernal
booted into a clean install. I wanted my old apps back (dang angry birds!)
Restore nandroid, use for 1 week
Notice wonky battery calibration, and some rarely used apps acting wonky
boot into CWM, wipe cache, dalvik cache, and battery cache
now, my phone won't do anything besides sit at motorola logo. What can I do to fix my error, if it is indeed an error? I called VM to just get a new phone, but they don't have any in stock... so am I screwed for a week until I can get a new one?
Thanks
PS if there's already a forum about this, I didn't see it. Merry christmas

Have you tried booting into recovery?

Reactions: rvarn1
Upvote 0
Have you tried booting into recovery?
Yes, I tried that. I mentioned it in my first post but I deleted it before I posted it... I sounded to frantic :p I should add that I've tried recovery mode, and just booting the OS. The only thing it does is sit at the motorola logo, regardless of what I do. If I pull the battery and plug it in, it vibrates, and then shows a full battery charging icon thingy.. then the screen blacks out and shows a dead battery icon. If I unplug it and then try to boot it it shows the motorola logo; the only thing different is if I try download mode for changing the recovery...
thanks

Upvote 0
Yes, I tried that. I mentioned it in my first post but I deleted it before I posted it... I sounded to frantic :p I should add that I've tried recovery mode, and just booting the OS. The only thing it does is sit at the motorola logo, regardless of what I do. If I pull the battery and plug it in, it vibrates, and then shows a full battery charging icon thingy.. then the screen blacks out and shows a dead battery icon. If I unplug it and then try to boot it it shows the motorola logo; the only thing different is if I try download mode for changing the recovery...
thanks

try this http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...fix-mobile-partition-fix-phone-wont-boot.html

Upvote 0
when you pull the battery, leave it out. then plug it in w/ the battery out. cause your phone isnt broken, its just boot looping
Well, I kinda figured it was bootloopin', and not broke... but no recovery option to boot into :p :eek: now we shall see in the morning (It's 10 here, gotta wrap presents :rolleyes: ) if fixing the recovery will help. now just a general knowledge question: why would my phone bootloop if I formatted cache
and dlavik cache and battery stats? that's the only variable in the situation.
Thanks, and merry christmas!

Upvote 0
Well, I kinda figured it was bootloopin', and not broke... but no recovery option to boot into :p :eek: now we shall see in the morning (It's 10 here, gotta wrap presents :rolleyes: ) if fixing the recovery will help. now just a general knowledge question: why would my phone bootloop if I formatted cache

happens sometimes... if the phone doesn't vibrate when you power it on taking out the battery for a few minutes usually fixes it

Upvote 0
HA! my phones been un-active for 1 month :( i was saving the $40 dollars to put torward chrismas gifts, so its all good :D

EDIT: and im a teen so you know how important a phone is to me! :p

Yeah, I wasn't to happy upon hearing "week" from Virgin mobile... urg.. and I need it, especially now... gotta keep up with the family! It might be funny for you to hear... I'm a teen too, so my phone is also of utmost importance, AND I bought it myself... it's my baby :cool: thanks guys

Upvote 0

well this phone does wierd things lol! :D you could try getting into download mode and put another cm7 boot.img in there. or even another recovery.img

lol don't count me out just yet im still 18 not old yet :p

yeah your far from old bro :p my girlfriend is 19, i cant call her old :D

Yeah, I wasn't to happy upon hearing "week" from Virgin mobile... urg.. and I need it, especially now... gotta keep up with the family! It might be funny for you to hear... I'm a teen too, so my phone is also of utmost importance, AND I bought it myself... it's my baby :cool: thanks guys

oh that sucks :( and i know how it is keeping up with family and whatnot. "no phone = lots of stress" and thats cool to hear your a teen also! im also in the same time zone as you. (im in pennsylvainia)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones