1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone won't turn on???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cboshdave, Dec 19, 2012.

1. cboshdave

cboshdave Newbie

I just took my Galaxy S3 out of my pocket and hit the power button to "wake it up". Nothing. The blue led is flashing in the top left corner. But it does not wake up. Tried holding power button down for 10 seconds. Nothing. Tried the hard reset (Power, Volume UP, Home Buttons). Nothing. Plugged it into the wall and let it charge for a while. Still nothing. I don't know what else to try.

Stock phone. Almost new.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Try pressing on the home button a few times & see if the task manager page appears.Then, hit the back button.

I had this quirk/bug for a day or two & it went away. Still don't know what caused it.

Keep us posted on your results.

3. cboshdave

cboshdave Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the Home button. Nothing. I tried pushing it multiple times and holding it down for an extended period. Nothing. Hmmm....

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Did you remove the battery yet?

disc golfin likes this.
  5. disc golfin

disc golfin Well-Known Member

Pull the battery out for at least 1 minute. It should reboot the phone when you put it back in.

haha.....SUroot beat me to it

6. cboshdave

cboshdave Newbie

Wow... Okay. I did not realize I could just pull the battery. Dumb. Reset just fine.

7. cboshdave

cboshdave Newbie

Yep... that did it! I thought this was like my Razr where I could not do that. Thanks!!!

disc golfin likes this.
  8. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

This is why every phone I buy, ts important I can remove the battery.

9. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

on my nokia n8 the battery was not removable but if the phone got hung u could press the power button for 10 seconds and it would turn off.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews