• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone won't unlock requires battery pull

lordhelmut

Lurker
Sep 14, 2010
Running a Bell Galaxy-S with 2.1 and the OCLF.

Recently when I lock my phone or it just goes to sleep (screen shuts off) I can't unlock it. The screen just stays blank and it requires me to pull the battery and replace to boot it back up.

There doesn't appear to be any consistency with this error and I haven't installed any new apps in recent time that would have changed the phone around.

Any ideas?

Got to the bottom of this. Samsung released a "secret" fix for this. The only way to apply this fix is to go into a Bell store and they make a change to the network settings on the phone.

Samsung is not allowing Bell to release what said fix is and wouldn't tell me what he did.

This bug was affecting the first few batches of the Galaxy-S that were released to Bell mobility.

Phone is working like a dream again

The fix was released about 1 week ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones