1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone won't update!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ncosta01, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ncosta01

ncosta01 Lurker

ok so I have a Telus G-Nex in toronto canada which i believe is a GSM version (correct me if I'm wrong) and it is completely stock presides all the apps I've downloaded.

I have finally given up on waiting for samsung to release 4.0.4 so i want to do that thing where i shane my phone from yakjuxx to yakju. can someone pls post a link on how i can do that from start to finish on a macbook pro.

thx in advance

2. temporary101

temporary101 Newbie

I am also still waiting for the update to 4.0.4
    But I don't want to start flashing/rooting my phone for such a minor update (although I heard the batterylife improvement is awesome)

I did however heard rumours that Google halted the ota-roll-out because some users were experiencing connection problems. Can anyone confirm or debunk these rumors? A source would be most welcome :)

3. ratukamina

ratukamina Lurker

I too got my GN GT I9250 few days ago and the box has a samsung UK seal on it. I inserted my t-mobile sim from a Galaxy S2 T989 (great phone bad firmware still on gingerbread) after I turned the phone on the signal showed E logo which I was afraid of. After a few seconds it changed to 3G then to H and prompted for an 8.7mb update. Once installed I checked the version and it was yakju 4.0.2. Since then I have tried the google framework thing to manually update numerous times to no avail. Phone keeps saying I have the latest version but I know the 4.0.4 has significant improvements and want that firmware asap. I have never done rooting etc on any android device so have no idea how to manually update ....the instructions on the web aren't clear enough for newbies like me. Wondering if google intentionally stopped sending this update.

4. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Android Enthusiast

I too am on 4.02, still. I've heard of the updates and that there was an antenna bug issue in there was it? Just wait, theres no rush. We're a lot more lucky than some and its better to have bugs ironed out before they get to you. I'm unsure of Google's actions to the latest version.

5. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member

The phone is a lot smoother after the update and they just released a mini update for the radio issue. If you go to the all things root forum on here there are step by step directions to root, then you can manually flash whatever you want. It is not difficult to do.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews