1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone wont update!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marley420, Sep 30, 2014.

1. marley420

marley420 Newbie

So i did a factory reset and cleared my cache. After the phone restarts, the update notification says the update is available and i click install. Phone restarts and shows the update process and it only reaches about a quarter of the way then starts up OS. When i check the software info it still says LS740ZV3. I am not rooted. Ive tried redoing all of this 4 times now. Please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. smk75

smk75 Member

Are you on the original software that came with the phone or the dl mode version? I had the same problem but I was on the dl mode with root so I ended up doing the dl mode again and put my phone to stock v3, then I checked for update without getting root or setting anything up on the phone, and it installed and updated to v4 fine. No root this way but I don't really need it right now. So far the phone is running fine, but I will need to test it over the next couple of weeks to know for sure.

marley420 likes this.
  3. jessewcharles

jessewcharles Member

I'm having the same problem. Unlike you, I am rooted. But I am running the original stock rom. I tried twice, and took it as a sign that I would be unhappy without root.

4. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

marley420 likes this.
  5. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Use the prerooted ROM on here to update.

marley420 likes this.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews