• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't vibrate at all anymore

mattman23

Lurker
May 25, 2010
Had it about a month, never dropped it or damaged it in any way, then about an hour ago I noticed the phone was no longer vibrating when I was touching the screen. Doesn't vibrate when I'm typing a txt message or at any other time when touching the screen. Rang my phone from the house phone and found out that it was no longer vibrating when ringing either.

All options are set correctly, "vibrate when typing", "haptic feedback", the lot. It just will not vibrate no matter what I do. As a hail mary I even switched it on and off a couple of times but still nothing. Any ideas fellas?

Seem to have fixed it by blind luck. Clicked advanced task killer to kill everything, it said it killed 17 apps (never had it say anywhere near that many before), and then suddenly everything was fine, all vibrating functionality was back. Wouldn't mind knowing what caused this in the first place if any of you have an idea, I'm tempted to download an anti virus to scan the phone just in case.

Upvote 0
I lost this after a day or two of playing around with the phone and it was due to task killer, i had to factory reset the desire in order to get it working.

I have learnt my lesson well with task killer, clock, sync, diary, weather, email all failed due to taskkiller - simple factory restore and dont install a task killer, i've not had a problem since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones