1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Phone wont vibrate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PhoneMan93, Oct 3, 2011.

1. PhoneMan93

PhoneMan93 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    My Prevail is rooted, it has CWM installed and shabby dog 0.9, and the Simple blue 4.0 theme. I've tinkered with all the settings to try and get it to start vibrating when i get text and calls, but nothing makes it vibrate, and also the lock screen never comes up, when i unlock its on my home screen, anyone know what to do?
    EDIT: the last thing i guess that could have done this was fixing the permissions, has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement

2. Addacus

Addacus Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Unemployed
    Arizona

The only solution I have found for this is to start from scratch again. You are actually screwed at this point because you won't receive calls either and your home and search keys are most likely broken. Odin back to EE14 with CWM and HK1.2 then do a factory data reset. After that make sure you have a lock screen and your home/search buttons work.

Next install Shabby, and then make sure you have a lock screen and your Home/search keys work.

Next flash Simple Blue 3.1 and check again.

Finally flash 4.0 and check one last time. If all is good at this point you shouldn't have a problem. If no problems, make your "Stock" backup.

ak47bluntz likes this.
  3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal

I would do a CWM backup after using Odin and doing a factory reset if everything is working correctly . You can always add another CWM backup if you want to . If you screw up , It'll save you some time . :D

Addacus likes this.
  4. Addacus

None

Aug 16, 2011
    Unemployed
    Arizona
    Yeah, when I was running into this problem i did a backup for each step until I was certain my completed "Stock Version" was stable. Then I deleted the prior backups.

5. ak47bluntz

ak47bluntz Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2011
    shit thanks for the explanation i was wondering why i never got calls but only voice mails pissed me the **** off. i was already planning to get rid of the phone and get the new 1 cause of the issue

*there did what u stated took only bout 20 mintues hopefully it fixes me receiving calls

Addacus likes this.
  6. Addacus

None

Aug 16, 2011
    Unemployed
    Arizona
    No problem, lucky I had the exact issue before :p