• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PhoneArena: Mid to Late Oct. launch Are you joking?!?!

you just gotta wait and see maybe it will launch with 2.2 and supposedly they are in the testing phase now so hopefulyl it comes out before then and they have the gps issue fixed by then maybe thats the reason for the delay who knows

I hope you're right! The problem is that by then we will be previewing other phones that will be coming out in Nov. and we will all want those!! lol

Upvote 0
I hope you're right! The problem is that by then we will be previewing other phones that will be coming out in Nov. and we will all want those!! lol

Well if you always want the latest and greatest good luck trying to stay on top and be happy especially at the rate they are making these phones. And you never know with verizon they always keep everything so hush hush i mean look at the droid 2 they didnt officially announce anything until a week before it was going to be released

Upvote 0
I won't. I am not seeing anything down the pipe that is better than the Fascinate on paper.

Keep chasing the latest greatest is like chasing the rainbow.

Hmm, I wonder if some day they might start leasing mobile phones just like leasing cars to cater that segment of customers. It allows them to change phone every 6 months to get the newest model. :)

Upvote 0
look at the droid 2 they didnt officially announce anything until a week before it was going to be released

Two *days* before, actually. They didn't even admit the Droid 2 existed until August 10, and released it on August 12.

So theoretically, they could be planning to release the Fascinate any day now; the fact that they haven't announced it doesn't mean a whole lot. On the other hand, though, by the time they did announce the Droid 2, pretty much everything there was to know about that phone (including the release plans, user's guide, and marketing materials) had leaked. That hasn't happened for the Fascinate, so either Verizon is doing a better job keeping a lid on things ... or the Fascinate really is months away. Let's hope it's the former and not the latter.

Upvote 0
Two *days* before, actually. They didn't even admit the Droid 2 existed until August 10, and released it on August 12.

So theoretically, they could be planning to release the Fascinate any day now; the fact that they haven't announced it doesn't mean a whole lot. On the other hand, though, by the time they did announce the Droid 2, pretty much everything there was to know about that phone (including the release plans, user's guide, and marketing materials) had leaked. That hasn't happened for the Fascinate, so either Verizon is doing a better job keeping a lid on things ... or the Fascinate really is months away. Let's hope it's the former and not the latter.

It's frustrating b/c there's been no leaking of documents, screen-shots, etc. to point to a date. Oftentimes the phone will NOT be dropping in the next couple of weeks if there as few leaks. I'm still hoping for a Sept. launch.

Upvote 0
It's frustrating b/c there's been no leaking of documents, screen-shots, etc. to point to a date. Oftentimes the phone will NOT be dropping in the next couple of weeks if there as few leaks. I'm still hoping for a Sept. launch.

I think we are all hoping for a september release although its not looking good with the lack of leaks about the phone.

Upvote 0
Seems like Verizon likes to due high end Samsung phones in oct/nov... I know that the Omnia II was a November release... don't remember the Omnia I or I700... by the time this phone comes out, there will already been rumors about better hardware / gingerbread support being discussed and what would have been a leading phone will be mid-tier... sad, as I am an android hold out (still using my Omnia II) waiting on this phone... what's not to say that when this phone does finally arrive, I won't wait for the next one that will already be highly rumored since this one took so long...

Such is life...

Upvote 0
Well, if the Fascinate is released mid-late Oct and the HTC Merge is planned for Nov, I will be waiting 1 extra month to see what the Merge is. The SGS (Fascinate) was announced like 8 months ago. In Oct it will be 10 months old, and the Merge may have some very serious advances over the Fascinate. I DO NOT want a screen larger then 4" in a phone.

Upvote 0
I jumped the Verizon ship on July 16th, switched to AT&T and got a Captivate. Not looking back at all. They were so hot and heavy into their DX marketing, I knew there was no way they were going to release the fascinate any time soon. If you notice, they waited almost a month before releasing the D2. They kept quiet about its release too. I think that they will release the Fascinate about a month after the D2. Why, you ask? The 30 day return buyers remorse issue. Some people will get a phone, then hop to another phone and hop to another phone if they released them all at the same time. Also, there's the competition against themselves. The fascinate is probably sitting in a Samsung Warehouse somewhere completely ready to go when Verizon gives the green light.

Upvote 0
I jumped the Verizon ship on July 16th, switched to AT&T and got a Captivate. Not looking back at all. They were so hot and heavy into their DX marketing, I knew there was no way they were going to release the fascinate any time soon. If you notice, they waited almost a month before releasing the D2. They kept quiet about its release too. I think that they will release the Fascinate about a month after the D2. Why, you ask? The 30 day return buyers remorse issue. Some people will get a phone, then hop to another phone and hop to another phone if they released them all at the same time. Also, there's the competition against themselves. The fascinate is probably sitting in a Samsung Warehouse somewhere completely ready to go when Verizon gives the green light.

That makes a lot of sense. I can see why they would not want their d2 customers knowing when the fascinate will be dropping, even if theyre targeted to different people (keypad v. touchscreen).

the only thing that's annoying is the lack of leaks. If we start getting leaks next week then we can still hope for a Sept. launch I would say

Upvote 0

Well u can only return a phone once then you are stuck with the second phone you got you can't keep exchanging phones there is only 1 30 day worry free guarantee to exchange a phone

Upvote 0
Well, if the Fascinate is released mid-late Oct and the HTC Merge is planned for Nov, I will be waiting 1 extra month to see what the Merge is. The SGS (Fascinate) was announced like 8 months ago. In Oct it will be 10 months old, and the Merge may have some very serious advances over the Fascinate. I DO NOT want a screen larger then 4" in a phone.

I'm in the same boat I had the x and returned it just to large for my liking. I held a vibrant and it was the perfect size for me so we will see when it is released

Upvote 0
I won't. I am not seeing anything down the pipe that is better than the Fascinate on paper.
The Droid Pro? There seems to be pretty good agreement that it will also have a 4" screen, a faster 1.3GHz processor, GSM/CDMA/UMTS global roaming and that it will probably be released running Android 2.2 Froyo. Some rumors also suggest it may have a front facing camera and probably a 10M pixel main camera. I have not seen anything addressing the display technology or resolution. Latest rumors seem to peg the Droid Pro release in late November, so late September/early October might make sense for the Fascinate release.

If you notice, they waited almost a month before releasing the D2. They kept quiet about its release too.
Keep in mind that the Droid 2 was identified pretty early on to be the first Verizon phone to come with Android 2.2 and that dependence on a stable, reliable build of Froyo may have had a lot to do with both the eventual Droid 2 release date and with not wanting to commit to any dates until the both the device and OS were ready to go.

Upvote 0
The Droid Pro? There seems to be pretty good agreement that it will also have a 4" screen, a faster 1.3GHz processor, GSM/CDMA/UMTS global roaming and that it will probably be released running Android 2.2 Froyo. Some rumors also suggest it may have a front facing camera and probably a 10M pixel main camera. I have not seen anything addressing the display technology or resolution. Latest rumors seem to peg the Droid Pro release in late November, so late September/early October might make sense for the Fascinate release.

Where did you see it rumored to have a front facing camera?

Upvote 0
The Droid Pro is said to have a 4 inch screen :)

Also, the early rumors about the Galaxy S hitting all 4 US carriers did specifically mention that Verizon and Sprint's version would come later. The Verizon was rumored moreso to come later than Sprint's...

The fascinate was slated for end of summer/early fall for release for awhile so there is still time who knows when they will launch it

Upvote 0
No thank you. I don't like hardware keyboard. And I am not too fond of Motorola as the manufacturer. :)

Upvote 0

There certainly hasn't been a whole lot to go on. But there have been a couple of minor leaks that do give me some hope for September.

First of all, there's the fact that the Fascinate was already in testing by late July, which supposedly comes 6-8 weeks before release (or so we've been told right here on this forum). Second, there was the photo earlier this week that showed that the Fascinate has appeared in Verizon's Cellebrite system. It's not clear what that means, but it's worth noting that the Droid Incredible showed up in Cellebrite about three weeks before its release. All of this points to sometime in mid-to-late September.

Of course, the recent "leaked roadmap" says otherwise. But we have no way of knowing what that "roadmap" really is. Even if it's a genuine internal Verizon document, it could be a proposed roadmap that was rejected, for all we know. For one thing, it includes the Samsung Gem, a phone that has apparently been canceled; that tells us right off the bat that the "roadmap" document is not current.

Still, though ... if we don't start seeing some serious Fascinate info in the next couple of weeks, I'm gonna start losing faith.

Reactions: substring
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones