• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PhoneArena: Mid to Late Oct. launch Are you joking?!?!

I am agonizing over updates for this thing and am holding on to the hope that nothing is confirmed yet. So, Steve, please tell me you haven't heard that from any official source yet. Please?!?!
Its been slated for october for awhile. There is also the leaked "roadmap" that says so. Not saying how much belief i put into it lets hope its wrong

Upvote 0
I am agonizing over updates for this thing and am holding on to the hope that nothing is confirmed yet. So, Steve, please tell me you haven't heard that from any official source yet. Please?!?!

Sorry not to have answered sooner. I'm away for the weekend. No, I have nothing official. My gut tells me that the rumors are correct, however, judging from how rumors tend to fly regarding the release of phones.

To answer your question, there is nothing official on this. I will tell you that the testers don't have the phones as yet. When the testers get the phones, we hear about it. It is usually 2 or so weeks from that point in time.

Steven

Upvote 0
Sorry not to have answered sooner. I'm away for the weekend. No, I have nothing official. My gut tells me that the rumors are correct, however, judging from how rumors tend to fly regarding the release of phones.

To answer your question, there is nothing official on this. I will tell you that the testers don't have the phones as yet. When the testers get the phones, we hear about it. It is usually 2 or so weeks from that point in time.

Steven

Testing started back in July...

Upvote 0
I was gonna say I thought I saw somewhere that they started testing awhile back. Its all hear say people think they know everything but until something concrete is then its all rumors and asking steven is no better then joe schmo on the street

Not true. I'm more experienced with androids than Joe Schmo. I would have to say that what I say is going to have a bit more validity than Joe. :rolleyes: :p

Upvote 0
Well if you follow samsungs galaxy s facebook account, they started linking videos of each phone a few weeks before they were launched (yes, all the videos they link are from their event in July). They started linking videos of the Fascinate last week. I'd guess late Sept, not sure I believe Oct, road map or not.

Upvote 0
I'm honestly disappointed that it will only have 2 GB of internal memory. They should have put at least 8 GB.

The lag fix posted for other Galaxy S variants requires a massive amount of space (I think 1.5 GB), so if similar fixes are to come out for the Fascinate then the internal memory is far too limiting. Yes, you can probably move the files to the SD card, but the low capacity of the internal memory is probably another reason for Verizon to showcase the Motorola and HTC offerings over the Samsung.

:(

Upvote 0
I'm honestly disappointed that it will only have 2 GB of internal memory. They should have put at least 8 GB.

The lag fix posted for other Galaxy S variants requires a massive amount of space (I think 1.5 GB), so if similar fixes are to come out for the Fascinate then the internal memory is far too limiting. Yes, you can probably move the files to the SD card, but the low capacity of the internal memory is probably another reason for Verizon to showcase the Motorola and HTC offerings over the Samsung.

I'm ok with the 2 gb of internal if there is no lag issue to fix. However that probably means moving a lot of apps to the external SD card.

Do apps run slower if they're stored on the SD card as opposed to internal memory?

Upvote 0

Well if verizon is going to fix the lag issue before releasing it then 2gb will be plenty of space. Maybe that is what the delay is for they want to fine tune all of the bugs so they dont have all the complaints currently for the galaxy s. I saw the epic review they said the lag was gone so maybe they have a fix for the phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones