1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Phonebook 2.0

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jfritzs2, Nov 4, 2009.

1. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if Phonebook 2.0 is out yet, I've seen pictures for it and a link to download it, but it just takes me here but it looks like a terrific app, but I cannot find it anywhere to download. Does anyone know where I need to go to find it? Or is it even out yet? Any help would be great!

Advertisement

2. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2009
    CA
    I just sent them en email. Hopefully we can get a release date.

3. Kris.Is.Awesome

Kris.Is.Awesome Active Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Yeah, i miss my phonebook app.

4. RocknSteve

RocknSteve Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Male
    Colorado
    No bueno! I was about to post a thread about just this but then I saw that this one was here. And the "No bueno!" is about how this thread was created in November... and it's now January. I can't find Phonebook 2.0 on my Droid. Is it out for other versions of Android? Any info would be greatly helpful! It looks so cool! Pardon my drooling.

5. lekky

lekky Lover

Have you even read what the product is? It says there on the homepage, "white label". They will never release an app to you or me. They sell directly to other companies, who then rebrand the phonebook as their own for their phones..

6. RocknSteve

Jan 8, 2010
    Male
    Colorado
    The light edition appears that it is for individuals as well. Phonebook

7. lekky

lekky Lover

Apologies, especially as I've actually used this app (didn't realise when i made my first post).

Try scanning this QR code:

[​IMG]

8. cmerrtt

cmerrtt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I have an Eris and scanned the app but it could not find it in the Market - is it available on 1.5?

9. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    Seconded....UK, 1.5OS HTC Hero (T-Mobile G2) and I can't find it on the market.

10. RocknSteve

Jan 8, 2010
    Male
    Colorado
    Scanned it as well and did not find it on the market. I am running 2.0.1 on Droid.

11. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Male
    Sacramento, CA
    cannot find it either..

12. cmerrtt

Nov 15, 2009
    Wish I could find this - it looks like a great app!

13. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    their homepage ( Voxmobili.com ) says that they'll be presenting this app at the Mobile World Congress in Feb. 2010. so maybe it'll be available then.

14. RocknSteve

Jan 8, 2010
    Male
    Colorado
    That's about Phonebook 2.0. Not the personal version. But maybe, just maybe, they'll release both at once? Hey I can dream.

15. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    International Sales
    New York
    So, I think I started the original thread back in Nov...I emailed the developer back in December after I could not locate. They were looking for beta users.

He explained to me that they were looking to specifically market this directly to carriers (white label as mentioned before) but they were considering releasing a personal use edition. It really seems like a great app with tremendous potential, but the stability of the first version is of concern, there have been no updates for a long time.

16. cmerrtt

Nov 15, 2009
    Thanks Yankeeboy for keeping us updated. We'll keep dreamin' for a bit.

17. lekky

lekky Lover

I have used this app. It was available on the market (via the QR code), but it seems to have been taken down.

From what I remember, and the reason I uninstalled it, was because my Hero Sense Phonebook was better. However i did use facebook contact photos which i liked (sense does this too)

18. mertzenators

mertzenators Member

May 20, 2010
    I too wish this would hurry up and come out. Either way, Hopefully there will be someway to get our hands on it. I'm a big social networker and this seams like a dream app. I've tried emailing them and I've never got any response. Maybe they are getting annoyed with how many of us are asking about it. Hopefully that bodes with it comming out sooner.

19. ANelson25

ANelson25 New Member

May 27, 2010
    I received a reply for Voxmobili concerning the release of Phonebook 2.0 on the Android Market. They said they are in the last step of optimization, and we can expect to see it end of May/beginning of June, and it will be free!

20. jdarrt

jdarrt Active Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Respiratory Therapist
    NC
    Yea, I got an email too:

With the all new Phonebook 2.0 you will be able to update and receive all your Social Network status in a unified user interface.
    Your overall activity is available in an aggregated view through Calls, SMS, Social Network feeds and birthdays.
    The Phonebook Team
    http://twitter.com/phonebook20
    Got excited for a second, then found out it's still not out yet :(

21. mad00dog

mad00dog New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I finally have the app, now I need to find out how it works. lol