1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Phonebook not available on new Mazda6 Nav system

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mistaj33, Mar 27, 2010.

1. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Computer Consultant
    New Orleans
    I'm just hoping someone out there with a new Mazda has been able to sync their phonebook with the Navigation/Bluetooth system while running 2.1. The import phonebook feature doesn't work with my Eris running stock 1.5 even though the Mazda website lists the Eris as a fully supported device.

All other bluetooth functionality works great, although I haven't tried listening to bluetooth audio on it yet. I use my ipod for audio in the car so AD2P isn't all that important to me.

The 2010 Mazda 6 GT is the new car I'm trying this in, but I assume all the newer Mazda navigation systems are the same. Any insight would be appreciated. Haven't found jack for info on any Mazda forums yet.

Advertisement

2. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I fix stuff
    Coast of Maine
    is your phone set to discoverable?

3. mistaj33

Feb 6, 2010
    Computer Consultant
    New Orleans
    Yes the phone syncs just fine. Making/receiving phone calls works fine. It's just the "Import Phonebook" function that doesn't work. It errors out with "device not supported" when I try it.

4. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Then the Eris is not supported for the phonebook function. Not all phones are. You have to check with mazda to see which phones are supported.

Maybe someone found a work around

5. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
  6. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Male
    I make webs.
    Orange, California
    mistaj33 likes this.
  7. mistaj33

Feb 6, 2010
    Computer Consultant
    New Orleans
  8. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    My car does it automatically once it's synced with Bluetooth. I would suggest you go to a Mazda forum and ask around there. I know I go on my car's forums and get quite a few phone questions answered.

No one has been able to explain why I can't play music through my car speakers despite connecting using both the 3.5mm headphone jack or the USB port, both of which connect to the car. Pisses me right off!

Nah, not really. My iPod does fine.

9. peregrins2

peregrins2 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I have a 2009 Mazda 6 i GT withOUT Navigation. I tried to use the Voice commands to import my contacts from my Droid 2.

The first contact was sent no problem, then the Voice command asked me to assign a Voice prompt which I did.

When I tried the next contact, the send failed because the Bluetooth disconnected. I reconnected it using "Settings" in the Droid. It reconnected no problem but as soon as the car wanted the file sent again, it dropped the connection again.

I went through this a few times to no avail. Whenever I canceled the "import address book" feature, the Droid reconnected BT no problem. Tried with the car running vs. in ACC but that made no difference.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks!