• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phonebook not available on new Mazda6 Nav system

mistaj33

Feb 6, 2010
New Orleans
I'm just hoping someone out there with a new Mazda has been able to sync their phonebook with the Navigation/Bluetooth system while running 2.1. The import phonebook feature doesn't work with my Eris running stock 1.5 even though the Mazda website lists the Eris as a fully supported device.

All other bluetooth functionality works great, although I haven't tried listening to bluetooth audio on it yet. I use my ipod for audio in the car so AD2P isn't all that important to me.

The 2010 Mazda 6 GT is the new car I'm trying this in, but I assume all the newer Mazda navigation systems are the same. Any insight would be appreciated. Haven't found jack for info on any Mazda forums yet.

Reactions: mistaj33
Upvote 0
My car does it automatically once it's synced with Bluetooth. I would suggest you go to a Mazda forum and ask around there. I know I go on my car's forums and get quite a few phone questions answered.

No one has been able to explain why I can't play music through my car speakers despite connecting using both the 3.5mm headphone jack or the USB port, both of which connect to the car. Pisses me right off!

Nah, not really. My iPod does fine.

Upvote 0
I have a 2009 Mazda 6 i GT withOUT Navigation. I tried to use the Voice commands to import my contacts from my Droid 2.

The first contact was sent no problem, then the Voice command asked me to assign a Voice prompt which I did.

When I tried the next contact, the send failed because the Bluetooth disconnected. I reconnected it using "Settings" in the Droid. It reconnected no problem but as soon as the car wanted the file sent again, it dropped the connection again.

I went through this a few times to no avail. Whenever I canceled the "import address book" feature, the Droid reconnected BT no problem. Tried with the car running vs. in ACC but that made no difference.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones