1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone's Here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by champ10, Feb 21, 2011.

1. champ10

champ10 Newbie

Be back later!

Advertisement

2. tical2k

tical2k Member

are you able to mount your sd card... mine doesn't show it there at all...

3. champ10

champ10 Newbie

So i got the phone and laptop dock. Its great how light the dock is and I really like the size. The keys feel great in my hand. Right now I'm getting everything out of the boxes. The laptop dock box was very heavy which got me worried, but the dock itself is very very light

4. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Member

How is the screen quality/text legibility of the Atrix?

5. champ10

champ10 Newbie

Just want you all to know btw, I'm new to the smartphone game. Ive used Iphones all the time, but I've never had one of my own and have barely touched an Android device. So no matter what I say, remember that.

6. zizo79

zizo79 Android Enthusiast

Can you run a speed test please?

7. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

Mine arrived about an hour ago! This phone is awesome... I'll run a speed test soon...

8. Please let me know how the build quality, speakerphone, and screen compares to the iphone 4.

THANK YOU :D

9. zizo79

zizo79 Android Enthusiast

Thanks a lot !!

10. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Android Enthusiast

Speed, my Android brothers, speed! What kind of up/down speeds are you getting on the AT&T "4G" network?

11. redrider67

redrider67 Android Enthusiast

So far my Iphone 3GS was a lot faster than my Atrix, normally averaged 2.2 down and about .30 for upload on 3G. I'm getting 1.3 down on the Atrix and about the same upload on the Atrix. I'm showing H+ with full bars.

12. citizenpaul

citizenpaul Lurker

This is my first post and I've had my phone for about an hour. I'm coming from an iphone 3G so the speed and responsiveness is impressive.

For those looking for speed tests, I've run speedtest.net three times in the last hour and my speeds down were 1436, 465 & 495kps. Up was 170, 103 & 136. That's with wireless off and H+ showing up top w/ full bars. I'm in Columbus, OH downtown.

13. xA4Hx

xA4Hx Lurker

I am kinda tired about people asking for speed tests and everything under the sun to see what atrix or inspire 4g speed is to see if it beats their 3g speed. I dont know how many times there was been talk about yes alot of there towers will say H on the new inspire and atrix but like att site says backhaul which is what will give u the higher speeds wont be complete til end of march supposely.

14. litildubey

litildubey Newbie

if the phone gives high speeds on WiFi then it is capable of giving high speeds on 4G network provided ATT's network is capable....It is slightly weird that iphones get better speed on same network compared to Android phones...yet another exclusivity deal with apple?

15. Judgement

Judgement Lurker

Some of us have held off on purchasing the device based on numerous reviews/previews showing it is not obtaining the same network speeds as other 3G devices (with same # of bars, same location, etc)

I understand we can't expect to see HSPA+ speeds, but it should at least match 3G speeds and this is what we are interested in seeing these speed tests for

16. Judgement

Judgement Lurker

what? the modem and wifi connection are not the same exact thing...

Just as standard wifi devices cannot just connect to cell towers as the hardware is not the same

17. xA4Hx

xA4Hx Lurker

Shouldnt we be wondering if the speed test is even giving accurate results.

18. litildubey

litildubey Newbie

I understand that part, I have a router at home that has both traditional wifi as well as 3G. what I meant was the networking protocol stack/android OS is not limiting the speeds but it has to be att's 4G network....or are you guys trying to suggest that the 4G interface is faulty in the phone?

19. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

Is there a way to turn off the HSPA + in the Settings? kinda like you used to be able to turn off 3G and forcefully go down to Edge?

Maybe if we just turn off the HSPA+ and go back to normal 3G because the 3G was faster.

20. zotts

zotts Lurker

Got mine this morning and ran the battery down to see the charge time. It turned off, and wouldn't turn back on until it had charged 30%.:(

Did a speedtest and got 4.7 down but a mere 178 up.

D

21. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast

I just got my phone its sweet, the display is great too, and really fast :D

22. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Android Enthusiast

According to the AT&T 4G availability map, I live in an area (Greater Los Angeles) where 4G is available and the backhaul has been turned on. I can go to a local AT&T store tomorrow and test the downstream/upstream speeds. Which app are you using to test these network numbers?

23. John I

John I Well-Known Member

Just got mine. Wow! That is a huge battery!

John

24. hurdledude

hurdledude Lurker

Went to the store to pick-up my phone. Geniuses ordered me the laptop dock instead of the phone. Have to go back in the morning to buy one

25. drums7890

drums7890 Newbie

Did you guys really change it for 3 hours before starting it up?