• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo Button Not Always Taking Photo

Susanbee749

Nov 11, 2019
I have a new Samsung Galaxy S10e phone (upgrade from S7). I have read several tutorials about using it and also about using the camera. However, I can't figure this issue out: several times I have been trying to take a photo and all that happens is that the display screen shows a line with markers and the number 1.0. If I press the take-photo button again, the line just flashes. This is extremely annoying. Other times the photo button simply takes a photo. I make no changes to any settings. The screen optimizer is on and the two trees icon is active.
Help!!

My wife just got the S10e and has played around with the camera a little. I'd agree with @svim .... you've got something enabled or are inadvertently enabling it with a touch or gesture that you don't realize. If I can snatch the phone from my wife's hands, I'll try and look to see if I can find your setting ... before the frying pan knocks me unconscious. ;)

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
Here is a screenshot of what happens sometimes when I try to take a photo. You are undoubtedly right that I am doing something inadvertently but I'll be darned if I know what it is. This can be very annoying especially when trying to take a photo of a child or a dog or something else that doesn't hold still.
Screenshot_20191128-180259_Camera.jpg

Upvote 0
The first thing I would do is to check for camera app updates on the Samsung Store. (Sometimes a dot will show on the options cog in the app if there is an update, also the about section will tell you if there are updates)

Have you also had a look in your camera settings to see if you can add a second floating shutter button? Your camera app looks older than mine, so I'm not sure if you will have the same options.

However, if you can enable it you can move this floating button directly over your original shutter button to see if it fixes the issue or at least stops the issue you are having. Check the attached images.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191207-070523_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-070523_Camera.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_20191207-070538_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-070538_Camera.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 206
Upvote 0
The first thing I would do is to check for camera app updates on the Samsung Store. (Sometimes a dot will show on the options cog in the app if there is an update, also the about section will tell you if there are updates)

Have you also had a look in your camera settings to see if you can add a second floating shutter button? Your camera app looks older than mine, so I'm not sure if you will have the same options.

However, if you can enable it you can move this floating button directly over your original shutter button to see if it fixes the issue or at least stops the issue you are having. Check the attached images.

Thanks for your help. I just did what you said about moving a floating shutter button over the real shutter button. (It was previously turned off.) I took some photos just now and that annoying thing didn't happen. I will try again tomorrow. You can imagine my frustration on today (Christmas) trying to take photos of my infant granddaughter and not being able to half the time. I don't really understand why adding the floating shutter on top would fix the problem but I am willing to try anything.
One thought: could the new Bixby thing be causing this? I am thinking about disabling it since I don't need it and it pops up at annoying times.

Upvote 0
Here is a screenshot of what happens sometimes when I try to take a photo. You are undoubtedly right that I am doing something inadvertently but I'll be darned if I know what it is. This can be very annoying especially when trying to take a photo of a child or a dog or something else that doesn't hold still.
usa today protonmail
View attachment 146098
love your cute baby

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones