• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo camera quality

SKYLINE_GTR

Lurker
Jul 30, 2014
Hello everybody! I want to buy xperia sp. But somebody told me that photos, which made with it's photo camera, has bad quality. He also told, that s4 mini have a better quality of photo. Is it true? I alway thought that xperia has a good camera and can make a good photos.
P.S. Sorry for my english and thank you for answers!

I have an SP and have no complaints about its photo quality, although all my 'real' photos are made on a Nikon D7000 and a Fujifilm X-E2. Do please make sure that the lens in perfectly clean before each shot - it's very easy to get a fingerprint on it (but very easy to clean). It may be true that a Samsung S4 has better quality pictures (I couldn't say as I regard the build-quality of Samsung phones to be worse than the Sony so wouldn't buy one), but this does not make the camera in the Sony Xperia bad.

If you want it to replace a camera, then you may need to think again but on the few occasions when it's been the only camera I have, it's been fine as long as you realise that the zoom is only digital, not optical.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones