• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help photo contacts

jeff1209

Lurker
May 9, 2010
I have searched and do not see any discussion of this...is there any way with the stock apps, or with another app, to put the photo of frequently called/messaged contacts directly on a page; so that simply touching the icon will open up messaging to that person? I am coming from a WinMo phone and used the ContactPro app, which allowed for this.

I have searched and do not see any discussion of this...is there any way with the stock apps, or with another app, to put the photo of frequently called/messaged contacts directly on a page; so that simply touching the icon will open up messaging to that person? I am coming from a WinMo phone and used the ContactPro app, which allowed for this.

On a blank spot press and hold (or use the + button) choose shortcuts, scroll to people, and then your contact. It will ask what you want to do with that contact (call, message, email, etc) then the picture icon will be on the screen. Alternately you can use the people widget it comes in full screen and a long skinny version. It will pull contacts you have designated as favorites in a scrollable list.

Reactions: jeff1209
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones