1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Photo editing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coltsman2917, Jan 4, 2018.

1. coltsman2917

coltsman2917 Lurker

I've had Samsung devices for the last three years and switched to the pixel 2xl. Nice phone and smooth, but I am not a fan of Google photos. I guess it's nice if you want to store photos but there isn't much for editing. Can anybody recommend a good photo editing app where you can draw on pics, lasso crop and text on?

racibennett likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. briansusich

briansusich Lurker

Snapseed is the bomb. Why Google hasn't worked it into their Photos app is beyond me.

blainekawamata and codesplice like this.
  3. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

+1 for Snapseed - though I'm afraid it doesn't do lasso cropping or anything like that.

4. coltsman2917

coltsman2917 Lurker

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

5. GoodFollow

GoodFollow Lurker

Frankly speaking, there is no a good mobile version of the photo editor. I mean if, we are speaking about drawing on pictures than yes, there is a ton of app's that can do this perfectly, but if we are talking about a photo editor, there is a little issue. You will not find a good editor with all the necessary tool set for editing a photo. Better to download your photo on your PC or laptop and use a third-party app like softorbits.com This is a perfect editing app for photos, it has all the necessary editing tools and it's free. This is how I am doing, I have brilliant photos, maybe I will upload some here, but a little bit later

#5 GoodFollow, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  6. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I'm curious - what "necessary editing tools" are missing from the mobile Snapseed app recommended in this thread?

7. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Sure, the best way is to edit with more professional software, but for almost 95%, of my photo needs, I use this photo editor. It's in the first 5 apps that I install on any new device.

Google Pixel 2 XL Forum

The Google Pixel 2 XL release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3520mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews