• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photo email issue

TerryB

Lurker
Feb 7, 2011
Sorry about posting this in the wrong forum, but I just registered and haven't fully acclimated myself to this site---however, here is the issue:
When I take a photo with the Droid and email it from the Droid via gmail to my girlfriend, she claims that the photo which appears in her email is so large as to be unviewable. However, when I send that same photo to my various email accounts, there doesn't seem to be a problem when I look at them. Thinking that it might possibly be a problem on the girlfriend's end, I asked a buddy whether he experienced the same problem with the photos I send to him....AND HE DOES....

So...what's going on here?

Well here's the deal..I can take a picture with the Droid and hit Share via gmail and email it to 6 different recipients----4 of them have no trouble viewing the picture in their email, but the other two will hit "open" and be presented with this HUGE picture....why IS that?

Upvote 0
Thanks..I downloaded and tried it and am waiting to hear back from those people who couldn't normally open them...I guess it begs the question: why wasn't this feature already built in? Honest to God..you ask yourself sometimes....

Apps are Android users best friend.. Market is full of stuff.. some of which we feel should have been included. Considering the unwanted stuff that comes with these devices, I wish they would have thought about some of these things first.

But, different folks feel differently about what's included.

Meanwhile, you can crop in Gallery.. but not shrink permanently, just temporarily to make a pic fit your screen the way you want it to fit, but it will be its original size in Gallery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones