1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Photo folders disappearing...related to BBM?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Karl Gerulath, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Karl Gerulath

Karl Gerulath Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2016
    Male
    Hello,

This is my first post here but I have a problem that seems to be a variation on many posts I have read.
    I am running a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with OS 5.0. I am connecting this phone to a PC running Windows 10 home edition.

My issue is that I have set up several sub folders for photos within the Gallery app. I should also say that all the photos are stored on an SD card. All of my photos and folders are still visible within Gallery, but when I go to My Files or connect the phone to a PC and try to transfer the photos/folders to my computer, several of the folders are missing/hidden. This phenomenon SEEMS to be related to the BBM app because the BBM photo folder shows up in My Files under SD/DCIM/Pictures/BBM, but reads as empty even when there are saved photos in it that I can still open in Gallery. Further, when I copy any of those photos to another folder from within Gallery, and then go back to My Files, the destination folder that received the BBM photo has disappeared or become hidden from My Files and the PC.

I read other posts about .nomedia files having the effect of hiding folders so I installed ES File Explorer and searched the SD card for .nomedia files. I found several, deleted them, then unmounted and remounted the SD card and no change. The folders and photos all still appear in Gallery but the missing folders have not reappeared in My Files. ES File Explorer is also able to search and find individual photos inside the "missing/hidden" folders but if you browse the SD card it does not see the folders themselves.

I have also tried clearing the cache on Gallery, Media Storage, and Touchwiz. None of that helped.

This is driving me crazy A because I want to back up the folders that are already hidden, and B because the effect has spread to other folders as I moved photos around trying to put them into a folder that was still visible.
    I am worried of having this effect spread to my PC folders since Windows File Explorer is also not reading the hidden folders on the phone.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Karl

Advertisement