• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo Gallery, getting messy

PRkid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 16, 2011
Bronx, NY
I hate having things disorganized.. So here is my problem; Lets say I take a picture, with my phones camera, then I decide to share it, on a site.. That picture now becomes a single picture in my gallery.. So it looks like an album, but its really only one picture. Now I have duplicates, of the same picture. I have about 7 of them now. And its annoying! And for some reason, I can't delete those. I wouldn't care if they were stored in a "Shared" folder, at least they would be more organized, but they are scattered all over the gallery :/ Is there a way to delete those pictures? Because I can delete regular pics taken w/ the camera, or pics I manually saved to my phone, but not the ones I shared. Very frustrating.

My situation is FAR worse!
ALL of the thumbnails on my phone (from every single app) show up in my Gallery. There could be thousands for all I know - but it takes me like 5 min to scan through them all, just to get to my camera pics!

Any ideas as to what could have done this, or how to fix it so that app thumbnails don't show?

Upvote 0
The problem with mine is - there are no folders per se... just page after page of thumbnails. (although my camera pics are in a folder... I just have to flip through hundreds of pics to find that folder lol... it beats all I've ever seen)

Exactly my problem. Then theres an option that says "delete", so i click on that, then it says i havent selected anything (which is true), but once i select a picture, there is no delete option to be found -___-. I tried the computer thing, but the pics are not then when i look for them. I think the problem is with Google+.

Upvote 0
Exactly my problem. Then theres an option that says "delete", so i click on that, then it says i havent selected anything (which is true), but once i select a picture, there is no delete option to be found -___-. I tried the computer thing, but the pics are not then when i look for them. I think the problem is with Google+.

Sometimes when you reboot your phone, it doesn't scan the sd correctly so you would have to restart the phone again. Its a little bug....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones