• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photo Gallery question

plumber4549

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
I had all my photos saved to my sd card in my droid x under albums when i would go into gallery it would list all photos and also show my sub folds in my album folder ( sumer 2010, winter 2010, ect...), now in my droid x2 it only give my the option to show all photos or seperate them by month, day, week any one know how to get it to show sub folds again? its hard to find photos in a list of 2000 photos

I had a similar problem, but I went into Gallery and under My Library found a way to sort by Albums, Tags, Locations and Timeline. There's a drop down menu to do it.

I seen that but when i click on albums it just show my videos and all pictures, its weired casue when i go to set a wallpaper it shows all 22 of my folders just not in the gallery

Upvote 0
I just got my DX2 which is also my first Android phone and so far I must say I am very pleased (upgraded from a Samsung Omnia WinMo 6.5). I have similar question about the gallery and the ability to have albums.

I had done some searching a few days ago and the consensus seemed to be to simply make subfolders within dcim/Camera on the SD card and place pics in the folders and they would then show up as albums in the gallery (after reboot). As a test I put one pic in subfolder, rebooted. I can see the pic under 'All Photos' but do not see the folder name as an album.

I also tried a long-press on a pic to bring up the menu which has an 'Add to album' option. When selecting 'Add to album' it seems like it goes to another screen for a moment but then just goes back to the thumbnails within 'All photos'.

Has anyone figured out how to create albums in the stock Gallery? Am I just being a noob and doing it wrong. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones