1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Photo location

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by regression, Apr 28, 2011.

1. regression

regression Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    When I open the gallery, I see a few cache folders that contain pictures. I want to put the .nomedia file in those directories so they don't show up in the gallery. The problem is when I go details for the pictures, it just shows me the folder as "cache", not the full path. So, the only way I know to find the location is to either search directory by directory on my SD card for directories named cache.

Is there an easier way to find the full path to the pictures that show up in the gallery?

Now that I think about it, maybe my method won't work. If I happen to find the app that is caching pictures, I put the .nomedia file in the directory, then I clear cache, that might delete the .nomedia file. Then, as the app caches more pictures, I will see them again..... Or, maybe clearing cache doesn't delete files that start with a period?

Sorry for being long winded ha ha. Thanks in advance to any replies.

Advertisement

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    Pics are stored in the dcim folder on your sd card. So that should help narrow down the search. And i know there is a button combo that will take a screen shot but i have no clue what it is. although i have seen third party browsers take screen shot as well on occassion, may or may not be related to above mentioned

3. regression

regression Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    I finally found the files. They were in a directory the application "How Stuff Works" created. I had uninstalled their app but of course cache files were left over on the SD card.

I used ASTRO to search my SD card for the file. I guess that will be my method from now on when I see something in the gallery and don't know where it came from.

4. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    Glad you found them.