• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photo locking up at night when charging

I've seen the sleep of death reported from several sources. Most are blaming it on an app that isn't reacting well with ICS. If it keeps happening contact VZW, they will have you do a factory reset, then if it still happens you may be able to get a replacement device. The issue doesn't appear to be very wide spread.

Has the phone been hot while this was happening? Also was the notification LED blinking? I only ask because this would make what you are dealing with the same as all the other reports I have seen personally.

Upvote 0
Just to chime in with my story, I am having the same problem. Ever since the 4.0.4 update, my phone has locked up twice while charging. I don't notice because the notification light keeps blinking, but it is unresponsive to any input, and I have to pull the battery to get it to reboot.

Did anyone find the reason behind this? I've been using Light Flow for my notifications, but I always have been for months and never had the problem until 4.0.4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones