1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Photo test shoots

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by starogreen, Apr 26, 2010.

1. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Teacher
    NJ
    I found this review by engadget. I thought the pictures came out amazing. This, of course, has me quite the happy hiker b/c the camera was a reason I wanted this phone.

Check em out: Droid Incredible test photos - Engadget Galleries

Happy waiting!

Advertisement

pztrick likes this.
  2. JETC

JETC Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Wow...I hate to say this but the camera stinks...at least compared to a point and shoot. It's not what it's cracked up to be in the reviews anyway.

3. crashdogy

crashdogy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    DSL Tech
    delete please

4. crashdogy

crashdogy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    DSL Tech
    They look good to me, better than my blackberry strom. :D

5. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I've yet to be impressed by any camera on a phone that I've owned, especially when comparing them to a dedicated device that ONLY takes pictures.

6. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010

Seriously, nothing seems to make a few of you happy on here. My god, those pictures look great to me, considering it's a camera ON A PHONE.

You're right, this isn't a point and shoot camera captain obvious. What's it cracked up to be in the reviews? A digital SLR? A point and shoot? No, a camera that will do for spur of the moment pics to send to friends, not to publish in a Botanical Gardens book. To say this camera stinks is ABSURD. What a joke.

Twiz, zbod, starogreen and 8 others like this.
  7. CyberVike

CyberVike Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Are you kidding? Try taking pics with a BB Curve then tell me how they look.

I think those pics look very good especially the outdoor pics.

8. nav525

nav525 Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Compared to what? An actual camera? It's a camera PHONE, emphasis on phone. There's no technology yet that can give a camera phone the same quality as a dedicated camera. Now if you compare these pictures to those of other camera phones, then they're quite good.

9. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Paid geek
    NE Ahia
    The photo quality on the Incredible is way better than the call quality on my Canon s5is, so I will have to call it a draw.

nkk, ab187, Twiz and 6 others like this.
  10. JETC

JETC Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Lol...ok you Nazi HTC fans. Settle down. I am talking about the reviews that claims the HTC Incredible could replace point and shoot cameras (ie. HTC DROID Incredible Review | DroidDog Android Blog )

Man, you guys are vicious. I accurately stated my claim that the photos do not hold itself to point and shoot cameras despite certain reviews I read. Geebus. Get a life.

11. jazztalker

jazztalker Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Madison, WI
    That was my thought as well, I thought the outdoor ones looked really good, better than the indoor. For a phone, I don't know how much people expect, but those look very solid to me.

12. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Paramedic
    Arizona
    I think those pictures look really good for a camera phone. As much as I like the image quality on my Dare, I think these look as good/better, which is good enough for me!

13. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    (Censored)
    NY
    Camera is only as good as the one who takes it... and using dual LED flash to take a picture of your palm right in front of camera is no way of telling how good the camera is... maybe the flash power?

14. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    anybody think we'll ever be able to choose if we want to use just one of the LED's instead of both?

15. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Student
    IL
    Doesn't look that great...better than nothing, but not spectacular.

16. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Radio Shack
    they look great to me. i know it's not all about just mega pixels, but my regular camera is only 6 mega pixel. i'm expecting the Inc to take pictures that are comparable to my current camera.

17. motionxxusxx

motionxxusxx Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    its not about the mega pixels, its about the sensor.

18. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    They certainly look just fine for me. I'm only going to use it sparingly as to save battery. I rarely take any photos on my camera anyways. It's certainly a lot better than anything I've had before.

19. SecretSexyNinja

SecretSexyNinja Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010

haha, i thought this was hilarious ;) guess others missed your genius :p

20. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Seattle
    compared to other camera phones, the incredible's photos are pretty darn good.

And to anybody that compares a full fledged camera to a phone with a camera, step away from the bar and put the beer down.

once again.. you cannot compare a camera phone to a stand alone camera, its just plain fail if you do.

21. jrbaker8

jrbaker8 Active Member

Feb 5, 2010
    US ARMY
    Georgia
    yeah im not sure why everyone is so obsessed with a camera on a phone not being as good as a dedicated digital camera. if you care so much about your pictures, carry your canon rebel or whatever you have around with you. no need to make 300 threads bashing a phone. dont like the phone because of the camera? dont buy the phone.

appleaj, Vihzel and greenrolaids like this.
  22. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Burbs of Chicago
    For a camera on a phone, those look damn good. As long as it's better than the pos camera on my eris, i'm happy

23. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    The pictures have a reddish tint to them.

24. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Seattle

Pot. Kettle. Black.

25. Opivyattack

Opivyattack Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    They look pretty bad to be honest. I thought they would look much better. That being said, the pictures are one of the last reasons on the list of why I want this particular phone. This does not really bother me.