1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

photo transfer issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RANGER RANDY, Jul 14, 2017.

1. RANGER RANDY

RANGER RANDY Lurker

Ok, I usually backup all my photos from my LG V20 on my computer. I have them in files, some on SD card some on phone. I know where to find the files. I connect phone to computer via USB and my computer recognizes phone. All is good. I go to phone storage, pictures and find all my folders. I open a particular folder that has 800+ photos recently taken and/or added to this folder (which can be seen on my phone) however when I open file on computer it shows the folder is empty. Only 2 folders do this all the other folders both on phone and SD card show all photos.

Why cant I see the photos in these 2 folders? No special permissions are enabled and they aren't encrypted or anything. Help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

I've had that happen with other files that weren't photos and I think it might be some connection hiccup between windows (7 specifically) and the android software.

FOr me it had something to do with the age of the file. IE I was looking for something I just made not 20 minutes earlier. It was a CSV table by the way - log file. showed on the mobile - not on windows. Unplug - replug - select file transfer again in the notification - navigate to folder - and bam there it was.

So before going crazy I might suggest this - disconnect completely - and then reconnect again see if that fixed it - I assume you might have tried this already.

Reboot the mobile - I did that too at one time.

finally I made a copy of the file on another folder on the phone. that always seemed to work. The original copy was on internal memory - the second copy was on SD card - the copy on the SD card would show up. SO finally - that might work for you

LG V20 Forum

The LG V20 release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews