• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo upload problem

androidmog

May 15, 2010
My S7 Edge has suddenly stopped automatically uploading photos from the camera to my Dropbox folder. This used to happen pretty much instantaneously whenever I took a picture as long as I was connected to wifi. However, nothing I've taken since March 27th has uploaded. I've searched through various setting menus but cannot find anything to explain it.

Thanks for the help. For some reason the camera permission had indeed been turned off. Not sure how. Everything was working fine until a few days ago and you have to go through several pages of setting menus to get to it, so I don't think I did it accidentally. Possibly an app update, but everything is working fine now I've turned the permission back on.

Reactions: bIOforger
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. For some reason the camera permission had indeed been turned off. Not sure how. Everything was working fine until a few days ago and you have to go through several pages of setting menus to get to it, so I don't think I did it accidentally. Possibly an app update, but everything is working fine now I've turned the permission back on.

Yep, i'm pretty sure i had this before and is one of the reasons i stopped using dropbox for photos and used onedrive/google photos instead.

Upvote 0
Yep, i'm pretty sure i had this before and is one of the reasons i stopped using dropbox for photos and used onedrive/google photos instead.
I actually automatically upload to both Dropbox and Amazon photos. As everything else I do on my laptop is synced via Dropbox it is useful because assuming that both devices are on wifi then my pictures are downloaded to my hard drive within seconds (although I assume that One Drive and Google would do the same.) The Amazon sync then makes them available on my TV via my Firebox. At least I'll know where to look if I have problems again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones