1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Photo & Videos Disappearing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by donellacandra, Feb 1, 2021.

1. donellacandra

donellacandra Lurker

So for about a year and a half to two years now I have noticed photos & videos disappearing at random and being replaced by a gray box with an exclamation point. This is happening on my phone (Galasy S8+) and my Tab S4. There is no rhyme or reason to it and the internet is of no help.

At first I thought maybe it was a problem with the devices (maybe software since it is happening on both). So I bought a microSD card for my tablet and immediately transferred anything I wanted to keep onto that. It seemed to work fine for about a year. But, as of a week ago I noticed they are now doing that on the microSD card too. How can I stop this data loss and is there any way to recover the lost data? Why is this happening!? If I love pictures of the kids I won't be able to replace them. Please help!

- Tracy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would use google photos as it will automatically back your photos to the cloud. are you using a different camera app or gallery app?

3. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

Try looking through google photos buddy, it would of been some kind of bug on an app. Sorry to hear about that, we will work and help you out every step of the way.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. donellacandra

donellacandra Lurker

I have been using the Samsung ones that came on my phone & tablet. I can't use Google Photos because I currently have 52GB of stuff and can't afford to pay for storage. But, it would be a good solution maybe for some of the stuff I absolutely can't lose. But I have also seen some people complaining of the same thing in Google Photos, so I am not sure what is going on. I feel like it is a Chrome OS issue or somehow related to Google in general?

5. donellacandra

donellacandra Lurker

It would stink if it was a bug in the app because I am using the Samsung ones that came with the phone & tablet.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (10.5) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (10.5) release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 10.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 7300mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews