• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

photobucker sucks...whats better.

So I want to be able to QUICKLY upload photos and get a url to post pics on a forum from my phone and Photobucket strait sucks. It takes FOREVER to upload through the Photobucket app, and Picasa takea an upload, then going to the website... and I still vouldnt find the url link even on the pro.... help...

Funny, though, Google provides no link to Picasa in the favorites or contact links but Flickr is there by default.

I understand Picasa has improved, but they were one of the ones that reserved the right to basically do whatever they wanted with your photos with no rights to you as the photographer. That is why I went with Flickr, they give you full copyright protection on anything you post and you can select the level of protection.

Upvote 0
Each have their pro's and con's.

If you're looking for a free account; Picasa gives you 1gb of storage, whereas Flickr allows you to upload 100mb per month.

I prefer the interface of Picasa myself, but that's just my personal opinion. I just feel the use of Albums in Picasa is a lot more intuitive than the method Flickr uses with their "Photo-Stream" and "Sets."

Flickr will provide you with BBCode for your pics, all setup to paste into forums, Whereas Picasa will give you the link to place inside BBCode tags.

Both provide online editing of your pics via Picnik.

Picasa has a pretty powerful tool/app (albeit a bit non intuitive at first) for organizing, editing, and syncing your online account with your PC.

Upvote 0
I have yet to get linking to work in a forum from picasa. Also I found that picasa is limited to 30 albums when being viewed from the mobile site so if you have a lot of pitures your limited to what yo can see on your phone. Does flickr do better at that, I wanted to pay for more storage if its inexpensive like picasa and stick everything in one place.

Upvote 0
Actually the first suggestion was the best for me. Reduce picture with (picsay) and upload/get url with (imgur). I have the photo on my phone I don't need it neatly organized on some slow web site.

I use the following technique to post pics of event to my forum in about 15 seconds:

Take picture.
Click 'photos album' icon >last picture > menu >share > picsay >select medium photo quality >menu >share >imgur > copy all (img url). Then open Internet and post

Includung taking the picture that whole process happens In 20 seconds max. It takes longer than that just to upload to any of the other sites and programs I've seen.

Upvote 0
I have yet to get linking to work in a forum from picasa. Also I found that picasa is limited to 30 albums when being viewed from the mobile site so if you have a lot of pitures your limited to what yo can see on your phone. Does flickr do better at that, I wanted to pay for more storage if its inexpensive like picasa and stick everything in one place.
It's very easy...

When viewing the photo you wish to post from picasa, click the "Link to This Photo" option on the right. Check the "Image only (no link)" checkbox (this is a must, because if you don't then picasa will give you HTML you can't use). Select the size from the "Select Size" drop-down. Now the "Embed Image" field will be the direct link to the image.

Now simply copy the Embed Image field onto your clipboard, then paste it into your BBCode. Most forums have an Insert Image feature now, so you can just paste it into that.

It's actually a lot easier than it seems reading through this post.
EmbedForumPic.png

Upvote 0
It's very easy...

When viewing the photo you wish to post from picasa, click the "Link to This Photo" option on the right. Check the "Image only (no link)" checkbox (this is a must, because if you don't then picasa will give you HTML you can't use). Select the size from the "Select Size" drop-down. Now the "Embed Image" field will be the direct link to the image.

Now simply copy the Embed Image field onto your clipboard, then paste it into your BBCode. Most forums have an Insert Image feature now, so you can just paste it into that.

It's actually a lot easier than it seems reading through this post.
EmbedForumPic.png

Hmmm. Picasa upload FAST, but u then open Internet > menu > Windows > new > open Picasa > login > find picture > copy url?

It's fast , but It sux they don't have a good app... esp considering its freakin Google!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones