• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

photography and the acer...

mrcaptain

Jun 22, 2010
Does anyone know if the tablet would be good for looking at photos taken from a 16mp bridge camera?
I recently ordered a camera with the hope of taking it up as a hobby.
I just want to know beforehand if the tab is good for viewing pictures taken from an external camera, to check for picture quality etc.

Also, has anyone used any photo editing apps?

Another question,lol...would a graphics tablet be able to be used with the Acer? Obviously just a plug and play one.

All my cameras connect up to my A500 fine and I can see the photos if they are in jpeg, a 10 inch screen is much better than a 2 or 3 inch screen. I do not do photo editing on my tablet, just much easier on PC or laptop but no reason why you could not do basic editing.

Tried my Wacom Bamboo and it does not work, all other mice and keyboards I have tried have worked fine as did my bluetooth mouse.

Pete

Reactions: mrcaptain
Upvote 0
I've never attempted to plug my camera into the tablet directly, but I have put my memory card in the microSD card slot. (My camera uses an SD card, I specifically bought a microSD card with SD adapter so I could swap the Micro card from camera to phone and/or tablet).

I do edit my photos on the tablet.

For basic whittling of picture quantity (I shoot sports ... so I run about a 20% keep ratio) I use the Gallery provided on the tab.

For fixed ratio cropping, I use PhotoEnhance Pro ... it's the only program out there that saves in full resolution.

Any necessary color correction will be done on the computer. Generally for soccer/baseball it's not required ... but for hockey it all depends on the rink.

With two kids in travel level hockey, it's nice to be able to start the photo editing process while my husband drives us home or to the hotel ... and trust me ... laptops are too bulky in the passenger seat of a car after a while!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones