• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photon equals original Droid Bionic?

EDIT: Meant Photon, but can not edit title in Phandroid app. On Inc ATM.

What gives here? Seems all other carriers are leap frogging VZW now, while we probably wait until the end of summer and just in time for tiered data.

Cartman level lame.

Agreed. Definitely lame. VZW is perpetually behind in technology, though. This is nothing new. Too bad their coverage is so good, I get a corporate discount, and have a FiOS discount package, or I would've left long ago.

I'm just hoping we get an unlocked Bionic or an SGS2 some time in July. I'm under a lot of pressure to get a new phone. My girlfriend and I are on a family plan and she's getting my Incredible when I get a new phone. Her Eris is on its last leg, and doesn't support a lot of the new high end games/apps that she wants.

I really don't want to settle for the Charge, even though it does look like a decent phone. I'm too much of a technophile to settle for less than (close to) cutting edge technology.

Upvote 0
Agreed. Definitely lame. VZW is perpetually behind in technology, though. This is nothing new. Too bad their coverage is so good, I get a corporate discount, and have a FiOS discount package, or I would've left long ago.

For the most part you are probably right but this isn't entirely true.

The Incredible was the one of the best phones on the market in the end of April and it is part of the reason I chose Verizon.

It is just now that they are lagging behind because they are waiting to tier data.

Definitely a cartman move. Verizon is complete scum but I can't resist their great coverage.

Upvote 0
The sad thing is yes you may say they are lagging but their 4g phones keep up with pretty much every other high end phones. I wish they would release some more phones yes but crying and moaning isn't going to make Verizon release them any sooner.

I thought that's what you're supposed to do in a pre-release forum. :D

Upvote 0
The sad thing is yes you may say they are lagging but their 4g phones keep up with pretty much every other high end phones. I wish they would release some more phones yes but crying and moaning isn't going to make Verizon release them any sooner.

Apathy and complacency will certainly not speed things up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones