1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Photon is EVDO Rev B Compatible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simcha, Sep 19, 2011.

1. simcha

simcha Android Enthusiast

Yay! I've received confirmation that the MoPho is compatible with EVDO Rev B. So, it looks like if Sprint Vision Network with EVDO Rev B roll out is a reality, we will benefit.

"The Photon 4G includes a Qualcomm MDM6600

MDM6600™: supports HSPA+ data rates of up to 14.4 Mbps and CDMA2000

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

3. KnowProblem

KnowProblem Member

Now that Sprint's getting the iPhone, they're gonna need all the help they can on 3G so it's good if they're pursuing this update to their network.

4. edlex

edlex Android Expert

I guess that begs the question, is the iphone rev B compatible as well?

5. KnowProblem

KnowProblem Member

Not sure if the current one supports it but I have no doubt the iphone 5 will (BTW I believe the iphone 4 also uses the 6600 chip). 1X-Advanced, which is usually bundled with Rev.B, together besides offering faster data and more efficient use of spectrum (translating to more bandwidth), also allows for simultaneous voice and data over CDMA. This is something Verizon has been keen on implementing ever since those AT&T commercials started poking fun at them.

I guess we'll know more on Oct. 7 when all is supposed to be revealed by Sprint. Personally I think that if they don't implement these enhancements, they'll have a disaster on their hands once they start selling the iphone. Generally, 1X Advanced and EVDO Rev. B are field-upgradeable (swapping out some cards and upgrading the software in their base stations).

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews