1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support photon not compatible with apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djjoelo, Sep 29, 2011.

1. djjoelo

djjoelo Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    i was having trouble with my phone since last week, i wasnt receiving some texts or i got them a day or two later. i decided to do a factory reset. now when i want to reinstall some apps, such as appbrain market, facebook for android, thesaurus, and unit converter(only those so far) it says that my device is not compatible. however i went to the app manager and pressed on uninstall updates for the market app and i could install the apps without a problem with the old version of market. whats up with the market app or is it my phone? btw i had it root before the factory reset and after. if no one knows how to solve this issue can you tell me how to stop the market from updating automatically?

Advertisement

2. Skrillex

Skrillex Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Go to market, hit menu, hit my apps. Each app that comes up on the list will have a check box that is labeled allow automatic updating. Uncheck them all.

Not sure what you are trying to ask about root? Are you saying you lost root after the reset?

3. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I think he's asking if having a rooted phone could be part of the problem. OP, I assume after you did the factory reset you did not sideload some new version of the Market, but just let it do its thing?

4. djjoelo

djjoelo Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Im root right now I just said it in case it had anything to do with the problem. and what I want to stop from updating is the market app itself at least on my phone if I go to manage apps and click on market it gives me an option to uninstall updates and when I open the market is an older version but as soon as I go to homescreen it updates and is that newest version that tells me my phone is not compatible with some apps

5. djjoelo

djjoelo Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    yeah I just let it do its thing