• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photon Q no longer recognized by any computer, laptop, etc.

dspiffy

Lurker
Sep 10, 2013
I was using my Android yesterday to transfer photos and videos from the SD card to my laptop. My USB cable was flaky and I planned to replace it, however I was trying to finish a project that night. It cut out a couple times during the transfers and I had to start over.

Today I got a new USB cable, and suddenly the laptop wont recognize that anything is plugged in to it at all, but the phone will be charging. Tried several cables, several computer. Phone charges on all of the good cables, and no computer recognizes it. Took it to the Sprint store, their computers didnt recognize it either, and they couldnt give me any advice other than to hard reset the phone.

My Android software is up to date. My computer drivers are up to date. I've tried a million other things, I cant remember at the moment, but I probably will after you guys say "have you tried this"?

Hard reset is a last resort. What can I do?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones