• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photon screen gone snowy?

bamcal07

Lurker
Jul 27, 2012
So I woke up at 3 am and checked my phone only to see my screen had gone to what I can best equate to snowy static like on older tvs. It feels as if the screen itself it still functional but the display is not. A reboot and a battery pull did not solve the problem.

Anyone experience this before or have any insight? I'm pretty miffed right now and google is giving me no answers.

seems as though this is becoming a common HTC EVO problem and a few others as well. the lcd screen has become disconnected from the motherboard. It does not seem to be an update or app or software initiated problerm it is a hardware issue!

Some say re-dropping the phone will fix (temporarily ??) the SNOWY issue, as will replacing it OBVIOUSLY!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones