• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos and Music

I use MixZing for music. I like the large widget it has, plus you can specify the folders where you store music. I hear 3(cubed) is nice, but I am so used to MixZing that I haven't tried it yet. For pics, I use the stock photo app when on Ivan's official eris rom and the 3D Nexus gallery when on xtrRom. I don't really lean one way or the other on either of them.

Upvote 0
Thanks y'all. I sure don't mind paying for apps, but I like it better when I can use a free one. :D Tunewiki looks pretty good so I'm going to try it for now. I may come back later and try some of these others.

Okay, I may be slow here, but how do I download 3D Nexus Gallery from those links and get it to my phone? Also, which of those links to I use? I'm totally confused/lost there. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I downloaded the Nexus gallery and I LOVE LOVE it. It's really nice and I like the interface. Also, I use doubletwist for my music. It pretty much is Itunes for non apple Iphone products (says so in the description). I like it, cause I can hook it up and it will sync all my daily/weekly podcasts, and also my playlists. Search around though...good thing is there are a lot of options!

Upvote 0
for music I like 3 (cubed) but I haven't tried MixZing or btunes. 3 is still beta but with each update, which are pretty frequent, it gets better and less glitchy. It has a good cover art retriever included so there is no need for a separate program for that.

I have been using the Nexus Gallery for photos and, like 3, it is one of those cool flashy apps but it is pretty nice, much easier to sort thru and find your photos than with the stock app. It is a bit laggy but so as the stock app. Also, I guess the think i like most is that it syncs with your Picasa account. I'd be interested in checking out other apps if they also did that. Does anyone know of any?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones