• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos Cloud toCloud Confusion

Sue Anderson

Lurker
Dec 25, 2022
Just got myself a Google 7 Pro and of course I want to transfer all my photos and videos to it. My old phone is a Huawei P30Pro and all my photos and videos are on the Huawei cloud. I thought I had successfully transferred them to the Google Cloud but it I can't have as on the Huawei Cloud it says my Gallery storage amounts to 58.8gb and the Google photos storage amounts to 16.61gb. I really don't understand this at all. Is there a simple way I can go back and transfer everything properly.....Please ?!

OK from what it sounds like, you now have four different photo libraries to deal with -- one being your old Huawei phone, two being the Huawei cloud storage, three being your new Pixel phone, and four being your Google Photos storage. All four may or may not be complete as far as all your photos and videos so to move forward I'd strongly suggest you pick one of them to be the temporary main storage for all your photos and videos. That itself could be a real project depending on how much there is or isn't in each. Then once that is done, you'll likely use your Pixel as the primary and Google Photos online storage as the secondary (backup). Just to clarify, that difference between 58GB and 16GB does seem quite sizable. Are you sure you're comparing the same content? It almost sounds like the former is a combination of photos and videos while the later is just photos. You're stating just size of folders but what out the file count inside each folder? Are you actually comparing the same numbers of files?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones