• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photos Disappeared/Deleted

pinkpurple

Lurker
Jan 17, 2013
Some of the photos (50) I had taken have disappeared from Gallery.
I know they saved and went into Gallery when they were taken but now they are not there.
There are still around 80 photos I had taken prior to the 50 that disappeared but they are still in the gallery and there are photos that I took after I noticed that some had disappeared and they are still in the gallery.
I then checked in 'my files' and DCIM/camera and All the photos are they in small icons including the 50 that are missing from Gallery but when I click on them they wont open, the phone freezes and says that 'my files is not responding'.
I connected the camera to a computer to transfer the files in the hope of recovering the lost images and it said that they could not trasfer them as they no longer existed in 'camera' and to find original files/location.

Is there any way of gettintg these back? How did they disappear in the first place?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones