• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos from SD card to phone's internal storage

dcrocket63

Lurker
Apr 23, 2010
I'm trying to figure out the trick for transferring photos on my old SD card (previous phone) to the internal storage on the Droid Eris. I don't want to lose my old photos...but the card they're on is a 1GB and the phone CAME with an 8GB card! Obviously I'd prefer the 8GB card in the phone.

Any suggestions!?

I guess if there's not a quick or easy way to take the pics from the SD card to the phone, then I'll have to see about saving the pics from the 1GB card to my computer...then use my computer to transfer the pics to the 8GB card?

HELP!

If you have a card reader and enough USB ports you can plug in your 1gb card into the reader and also plug your phone into your computer. Then just drag and drop from the card to the phone.
Otherwise you're looking at doing what you said, moving the photos to your computer, and then to your phone. If these are photos you REALLY don't want to lose, then that would be a good idea anyway, because then you'll have a backup of the photos on your computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones