1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Photos Gone from Galaxy S3!!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S3's software to 4.3 and my phone started acting sluggish so I restarted the phone and basically it never turned back on. I took it into AT&T and they rebooted the phone. All my pics, apps, and contacts are gone. I don't care about the contacts and apps. I'm more concerned about the pics and videos. I didn't have the pics backed up into a cloud, or AT&T locker as far as I know (I learned my lesson, and am now backing everything up). Some people have mentioned that I should get everything back once I log into my google account but that has not been the case. Can someone please advise. Are any of those recovery programs or softwares that claim they can get your lost data back reliable?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    No, they did something else. You just said it wouldn't restart. (Restart and reboot mean the same thing.)

I suspect that they wiped the phone and reinstalled the stock ROM. That would make anything you don't have backed up gone forever.

In the future, remember - the phone can fry it's memory at any moment, so anything you don't have backed up to at least two different devices (other than the phone - and the cloud qualifies as a device) is subject to disappear at any time. (If your phone and laptop are both in the house when it burns to the ground, and those are two of the three places that irreplaceable picture is, the odds of Dropbox losing everything the same day are past astronomical. Insurance can replace hardware, it can't replace data.)