1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Photos have vanished from phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dazzadavie, Apr 25, 2013.

1. dazzadavie

dazzadavie Lurker

Hello,

My wife has a Galaxy Ace and has been having no end of problems with it crashing. Today my wife was out and went to take a photo only for the phone to crash while in the camera, this happened more than once and and the phone turned its self off. Once the phone had come back she took a pic only to then see that over 500 photos had gone.
    I've used a recovery software on the SD card which found 41 files (dont have the money to buy the software to recover them) but I was hoping someone might be able to help me in recovering the lost pics, or is it to late and they are gone forever?

Thanking anyone who can help me :)

Advertisement

2. Powie21

Powie21 Newbie

If you've already tried recovery software with no success i would suggest that they may be lost. only alternative is to try some different software and hope for different results.

For future reference i would recommend signing up for a dropbox account for cloud storage and use their android app which will sync photo's as you take them to the cloud. THat way you will not lose anything again.
    If you use my dropbox link we will both get some bonus space. http://db.tt/gZHCDGAn

3. Robogar

Robogar Newbie

Which data recovery software did you use?

I used photorec before on a failed HDD and it worked well. I read that it should also work for sdcards, you may want to give it a try.

But yeah I've learned my lesson as well and now I auto sync all my photos to my dropbox.