• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos, How to remove empty files

I had photos saved to the internal memory, but have now moved them to the removable MicroSD card, but still have what appear to be empty Folders with the original names but no icon/picture and if tapped on one of these the screen goes black and the loading revolving image appears, if I try to delete the "empty" folder I am advised "Allow SD card access, Photo can't delete items on your SD card, cancel, change settings".
I do not wish to remove any of the files from the SD card, and if I do I can do this via USB and my PC.
How do I remove these empty folders, they have the cloud symbol with a line through them?
Some of the empty folder do in fact have pictures within them and can be displayed, they are the same photos as in the folder with the picture displayed!! I am at a loss, and quite new to Tablets and Android.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones