1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Photos Unreadable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSultan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    For the last couple weeks I've had a recurring issue that I can't seem to figure out. I have a couple hundred photos on my SD card, all of them work flawlessly. Except, the latest pictures I take don't seem to be readable.

I take a pic, review it, upload, do whatever I want. Then I close it, close the application. Then go in to gallery, and the file is unreadable. If I use a file manager, it reads the picture just fine, but HTC's gallery won't render the preview. Any idea why??

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Not sure how to fix it, I've had the issue too. Usually after a reboot it is fine however. You may be able to use an app like SD recan to for a media update in the gallery

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    I noticed that rebooting did solve the problem, but only temporarily. And, that is NOT an acceptable solution in my eyes. I deleted the entire set of photos off the SD card, and ran a defrag just for the hell of it. We'll see what that does.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Yeah I agree 100% you shouldn't have to reboot to see a picture. I have a feeling the defrag will not help, next time it happens to me I will try the sd rescan app or just unmount and mount the SD card again (seeing as that is what the app actually does) and see if that resolves it.

I've also noticed it happens more frequently when I am taking pictures to share (Google+) compared to just taking pictures because I feel like it.

5. mattbirk

mattbirk Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    Male
    ISP/Run local businesses networks
    Chicago, IL
    It happens to me, it seems like only the new photos do it, and after the photos are not the newest they seem to usually appear just fine.