1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Photos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coach17, Jul 26, 2013.

1. coach17

coach17 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2012
    Before the last update my photos went to Quickpic in the camera folder and now they only go to the standard gallery. Is there any way to get it to go to Quickpic again.

Advertisement

2. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Hi there

Perhaps the update changed your default app preference to stock gallery.
    If that's the case, you could try going to Settings - Application Manager. View ALL, and look for gallery. Clear Default.

Make a photo with your camera, and right after that, go to preview that photo It should be asking you to choose the default app to view it. Select Quickpic from the list and set to ALWAYS.

There is a chance the "default" application might be grayed out, being used by some other app. To try forcing a default app selection box to pop up, you could try opening a photo from SD card, using file explorer app (My Files), and then set Quickpic as default.

allDroidnow and breadnatty08 like this.
  3. coach17

coach17 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2012
    I have tried what you said but cannot seem to get QuickPic to be the default. I took a picture and it only comes up in Gallery

4. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Can you please put a photo on the SD card, use MY FILES application (in your app drawer) to find that photo and open it, and tell me what is happening when you are doing that. Does it ask for an app to choose from? Or uses gallery automatically.

Also, you can try to Disable the stock gallery under Application Manager. Re-install the QuickPic, then try to open a photo and see if you can set it to Default. No worries, you can Enable the gallery back any time.
    You can also try to CLEAR DATA for both apps, quicpick and gallery, then disable gallery and reopen the photo.

If that doesn't work, we will try booting in recover and do Cache Partition cleaning.