• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picasa folders help

Lohung

Android Enthusiast
Dec 15, 2011
Pittsburgh
I have these stupid folders that I don't want from Picasa, some of them have photo's and some of them are completely empty like "uploaded" a totally empty folder. Now i remember before you could go and remove the albums or just say "don't sync" but thats not working. I am not sync'ing Picasa or G+ but these stupid folders are in there and it is making me one step away from raging. This happened with the new update and i been searching threads and Google for an answer and there has been nothing so far. even went to the Picasa forums and no one even answered me lol... please heeeeeeelp

Wouldn't that delete the albums and their content all together?

I think the OP wants to keep the albums. Just not in the Gallery on his mobile device

Oh sry, wasn't aware that he wants to keep the albums.

Unfortunately "Settings > Apps > All > Gallery > Clear Cache > Clear Data"
even with "Google Photos" sync off won't get rid of those pesky folders in the gallery for some reason. :(

Upvote 0
Try this:

- Settings
- Apps
- All (to the far right)
- Gallery
- Clear Data/Clear Cache

It won't delete anything and should clear up the albums that are not supposed to sync in the first place.

In addition to this make sure you have "Google Photos", "Instant Upload" & "Google+" sync off.

You can access these from settings > Google > then click on your email "xxx@gmail.com":
uncheck "Google Photos", "Instant Upload" & "Google+"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones