• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picked up a server [on hold]

JoshD

Aug 13, 2013
Twin Ports
www.hostmine.us
So I picked up a Dell PowerEdge 1850 server last week with no real plans on what to use it for, then it hit me, it seems people here are interested in ROM development but don't have the resources to do it. I was wondering, if all goes well with it, if it'd be possible to set it up as a build machine for ROMs. I don't really have much experience with Linux aside from web hosting/design & occasional use of Ubuntu but if someone here would be interested in helping me out with it & if anyone has any interest in using it to build ROMs I'd be willing to try & get it set up.

This probably won't be for a few months though as I'm going to be moving soon & don't plan on doing anything with it until I get to my new place but just let me know if there's interest & if it's even legal to do ( no clue :p )

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones